What is Social Prescribing?
Many things in life can affect your health and wellbeing such as feeling isolated, lonely or worried about work, housing and money. These are things that cannot be fixed by doctors or medicine alone.
Social Prescribing offers the kind of help that doesn’t come in a tube or bottle. The idea is to connect you to local community services and support networks to help you have more control over your health and wellbeing.
Taking the first step
There are lots of different ways that social prescribing can help.
It often starts with a conversation. That’s where Pluss comes in. We are here to listen to you and put you in touch with whatever you might need in order to feel good.
We can help you to:
- Find and use services and groups within your local community
- Develop goals to improve your health and wellbeing
- Connect with others in your chosen communities
There are hundreds of groups and activities within your communities that can help you on your journey to better health and wellbeing.
How does it work?
Our Health and Wellbeing Coaches will work with you to identify your needs, set goals and signpost you to support within the community, such as:
- Finance, housing or benefits assistance
- Art and creative activities
- Exercise and dance classes
- Outdoor activities – walks, fishing and gardening clubs
- Learning, training, employment or volunteering
- Counselling or therapy groups
… and much, much more
Area of delivery
Cornwall – Positive People