Your journey into work…
Our Work and Health programme is designed to give you the right support to achieve your true employment potential.
We will help you to identify your strengths and find the right job. Don’t worry if you don’t feel ready for work when we first meet. It is our job to help you get ready in a way that works for you.
At our first meeting we will:
- Meet at a venue that is convenient and comfortable for you
- Get you started on the programme
- Show you how to log on to your online Opportunities Hub
Explore your strengths…
Your change coach will help you to:
- Explore your strengths and the type of work you want to do
- Look at your support needs and develop an action plan designed to achieve your goals. This will set out the actions we will both take to help you find a job
- Help you get the most out of your online Opportunities Hub
You will get the help that works best for you. The plan you have agreed with your change coach may include:
- Using a computer for all kinds of online learning on the Opportunities Hub – from exploring self-employment to improving computer skills and learning about useful ways to relax
- Community based activities – things like exercise and physical activity of your choosing, volunteering, healthy eating, money advice and much more
- Working with our trainers on your interview skills and job search
- Getting specialist help if you need to overcome a particular barrier – like substance misuse, managing anxiety or family support
Your change coach will help you to review and update your action plan monthly to begin with. This will include exploring how you feel you have progressed so far.
We will help you to find the right job for you. This will include:
- Searching and applying for jobs, and helping you to feel confident about interviews
- Introducing you to open-minded employers to arrange work trials and interviews
- Helping you to learn and manage your new work routine
- In-work support for both you and your employer – including advice and funding towards workplace adjustments
- Getting you the right help to understand benefits and money advice
The Opportunities Hub is your very own online service. It is packed full of learning, resources and support to help you on your journey into work.
You can access your Opportunities Hub 24 hours a day to help you organise your appointments, view your action plan and check your progress towards work.
Starting on the programme…
If you are interested in finding out more about the Work and Health Programme, you will need to speak to an advisor in your local Jobcentre Plus. Please click here to find your nearest Jobcentre Plus.
Areas of delivery:
Southern England – Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Dorset, Wiltshire, Hampshire, Portsmouth, Isle of Wight, Berkshire, Surrey, West Sussex, Brighton, Avon, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire.
North West England (subcontractor to Ingeus) – Cheshire, Greater Manchester and the Wirral.
The Work and Health programme is co-financed by the European Social Fund.